Wednesday, May 05, 2010

My spring break.


Short spring break was over, and these are the 101 things I've done so far:

1) Went to market on the 1st of May to buy groceries for the week and found out that all eating places are closed on 1st of May. FML. We ended up eating Shaslik standing. The nice thing to go out on 1st of May is the entire main street in front of Lenin square was closed and there were music everywhere through loud speaker ( without bass/ subwoofer, it's like the cone shape speaker attached to the lamp post along the streets) blasting Russian Patriotic music. It looks more like a victory day celebration more than a Labor Day celebration to me. Everyone was celebrating: drinking, old couples holding hands walking etc. And this is not my fantasy it really happened in Simferopol on 1st of May, we didn't know there were such celebration existed on Labor Day and it is really an eye opener. ( More to said, I've taken for granted to rather sleep in such a holiday than walking out of the room for the past 5 years.)


2) I cut Jenq's hair. It's a disaster and he was sad because it turned out to be too short. **guilty**



3) We went to Nikitsky Botanical Garden on Sunday just to catch a glimpse of tulips. I was rather disappointed because most of the tulips was dead (it was off season) already and the garden has nothing more to see other than the tulips part. Other part of the garden is more a like a tropical green forest which I pass by just strolling through, not to mention we need to queue and a 18 grvn = RM 9 just to get into the garden, queue and "fight" to get into the bus driving us to the city center and the bus was packed like sardines with stinky , non bathing Russians. Guess what we all get? Oh yeah, body odors in a generous huge amount. Cut the crap, we went to Yalta.


For you guys who do not know, Yalta is a small seaside town located 2 hours from Simferopol, sad to say it's the no. 1 tourist attraction in Crimea and it was really nice walking by the seaside enjoying the sea breeze and watching  people. It was way better than the garden truly speaking, but what the heck, its tulip and it's once in a lifetime experience (there isn't any chances you get to see tulips in Malaysia) except if there is any flower exhibition or something so as a conclusion, I did not regret. The shopping window shopping was fun with my dear and it was only window shopping because we were too poor to afford any. Crocs, Ripcurl…you name it they got it!


4) The last two days of our holidays were spent in the room resting and watching movies. Finally I got the time to catch up with the movies I haven't watch in ages. Out of the movies that I watched: the stupid ones, the funny ones, love stories etc, there was one that truly capture my heart. "The boy in the striped pajamas" , not going to spoil the movie so if you guys want to know the plot, go watch it your self.




5) Lessen learned when you don't wear sun block . I am a "chocolate" girl with pimples invading my whole face and I truly hate it very much. The best part is grad photo shoot is tomorrow. You will see a ghost tomorrow … damn it.


 

4 comments:

Lissa said...

I love that movie. The ending was terribly sad.

Carol said...

where's picture of jenq's hair ? show! hehe

nice right the movie ....

yalta looks like a nice place!

download some japanese movies for me!!

JU and WM said...

Lissa: Yupe, it's really sad but it was also history.

Carol: I am still waiting for you to come...

Unknown said...

My hair is just nice.love it!
And Yalta is fun, love the city's atmosphere, mood, .....so lively