Saturday, January 30, 2010

Cologne..

This post supposed to be up Ages ago but now also not too late lar.

Our last destination is Cologne :)

Warning !! heavy picture blog ahead.


The most convenient way to travel within Germany would be by using their Bahns ( train) . It is better to get a German Rail Pass ( gosh I love this name so yiing) as you can simply hop into any train and go. Except for night train lar ( you have to reserve your seats/beds). But it is super expensive. :( but worth it. Now what am I talking about? 


For Chinese, go where also have to find food to makan. So once we reached Cologne Hbf, here we go find food.  It's dinner time ok.


The main point of this picture is not me, it's the sign good food guide here which made us ended up in this stall. But I think their potato so so only. *regret* maybe Europeans love potato whenever they go.


Our hostel. Damn rich lar we all got a private ensuite room, actually made not much difference only expensive around 4 euro likedat. For a peace of mind cox me and Jenq Uei also not a social person. We will freak out when it comes to socializing.


Got complimentary chocolate from Air Berlin and the hostel itself. Damn syok when sometimes you get free gifts.


We opt for the breakfast buffet for 5 eur per pax. Jenq Uei said I so not worth it, eat abit only.
It's breakfast lar, who go appetite to eat wan.


See the food. haha I prefer Malaysian buffet with the nasi lemak better.


All sorts of ham for you to choose.


Free and easy day. Can drag long long only go out, camwhore somemore.


Got a big mirror, not really that big lar. :)


Advertisement time?? Just let you know that the service really not bad.
4 pictures on the exact same church :)

Breads everywhere. When you go Germany, must try their Berliners. Damn nice ler.1 eur for 5 biji. So worth it.
 
 Shopping district, My heaven. :) But didn't buy much things though.


Cologne Dom. Unesco Heritage site. Wonder how they built it thousands years ago. Really Impressive.


Jenq Uei and his Kiki-lala pose. I just love the glass window inside the church.

Actually was supposed to go makan in Buffet Chang the korean buffet but it was closed for renovation. *FOL* So we ended up with subway. All my sis fault. She made me addicted to subway but I think the one in Malaysia not so nice.

4711 Eau de Cologne. The ever flowing fountain of perfume. The smell was not so ok for me. The one that the smell ok for me the price not so ok. Ended up didn't buy anything.

Potatos again. Very nice.


Legoland. See all the budak-budak so happy playing. Reminds me always play lego with my sis and bro. We got one helicoptor lego also. 



You can assemble lego human somemore. Last time we got one lego-racing computer game , my brother loves that game and he always win. Damn angry wan always lose to him.
You can use power somemore to "fly" ahead of other car one. Memories...
  
The dom at night. Not exactly night. The sun sets pretty fast during winter. It's actually around 4-5 pm only. But whatever. Actually you can pay 1 eur to climb up to check out the view of Cologne. But We are so tired and I think I will die somewhere in the process of climbing up , so we did not climb up. But if you were to visit cologne, you should try it out.


In the plane flying back to Ukraine. German Wing  :) Budget but WAYYYYY better than RYAN air. 


In Kiev Borisipol airport. :)

My first class "hotel" where I spend the night :)

That's all about my winter trip. Hope you enjoyed it :)

5 comments:

Lissa said...

Oooo... We stayed at Station Hostel, very close to the Dom. Climbed all the way up to the top of the tower! It was difficult, but I'm glad we did it.

Did you visit the Chocolate Museum?

JU and WM said...

How was the Hostel? should be nice right? Is the view awesome? regret I did not climb up :(
Didn't get to visit the Museum too because the day we reached Cologne was a Monday, and all the museums in Germany closed on Monday and we were flying the next day.

Unknown said...

yupe.wanna go visit their choc museum so much.
OOOO

Lissa said...

Awww... You must visit the museum next time. And there's the El-De Haus & Gestapo prison not very far off from 4711. It's mostly in German, but some of the prisoners wrote on the walls in Russian, so you can read those. Very sad, though.

The view wasn't -that- good on the day we climbed up the tower because it was a bit foggy, most probably cos it was still morning. LOL.

Station Hostel's not bad, they're a backpackers hostel and we chose the dorms. Not bad, very professional.

JU and WM said...

Owww... looks like I gotta visit Germany once more. But not in the near future I guess.:(